Ninefold Evolution will be undergoing a redesign over the course of the next year or so. The original goal was always to inspire transformation and self exploration via body, mind, and spirit. The blog has, instead, reflected my own state of being and neglected body in favor of mind and spirit. There has always been, within the realms of my own personal philosophy, a direct and synergistic link between all three aspects. In fact it’s the very reason I use the word “ninefold” in nearly everything I do.
Focusing on body was difficult to do for the first year on my blog as I had been dealing strongly with my depression and using that as a reason to do little about my physical health. There is a certain ironic humor there as I only ever feel truly myself when devoting myself fully to endeavors that integrate body, mind, and spirit and yet I have given myself to this despair now and again that keeps me from doing exactly that.
The benefit of the redesign and the new focus means I will be able to write more on a more diverse array of topics. I can still write poetry when called to do so, write my thoughts and philosophies when they come up, and provide information on physical health as well. The reason for the renewed focus on this change is I have decided to pursue my ACSM certification. This is a certified personal trainer trainer certification that is more clinical than some of the other certifications out there. This is a pursuit I have considered for several years but have never gone all the way with it because of my own fears, ignorance, and self-indulgence. Now is the time where I must exercise courage, gratitude, and acceptance in changing my destiny.
To this end I’m looking at redesigning the page along the following lines:
- One section will be devoted to physical health and wellness. This is where I’ll share a variety of articles that encompass nutrition, exercise, and self-care.
- The second section will be devoted to mental health and will generally be focused on the “three openings” and the “three impediments.”
- The third section will be devoted to spiritual health and will be the primary location of where my poetry can be found.
- I will also be purchasing a domain for the site in the future so that branding and linking is more marketable and easy to find.
- If anyone has suggestions on logos, affiliates, etc. I am open to suggestions as well.
At this point in time this all rather arbitrary and is subject to change throughout the design process. Also I would like to thank all of my subscribers for walking this path with me and continuing to read. I would also like to express this call to action to my subscribers as well: If you see something you like please like, comment, and reblog any articles that appeal to you. We may be a small community here on the blogosphere but we’re in this together. In a world that seems to be growing increasingly mad it’s nice to share that the madness isn’t all there is. Thank you so much.